Specifically, we were to focus on summer foods, so I had to do a little thinking outside the box, as I don't have much in the way of food stamps or paper. I've not used my bottle stamp too much, so I whipped that out, and filled it with lemonade!

The bottle and lemonade are stamped on vellum (yellow vellum in the case of the drink) and I used a few scraps to finish the background (and the inside). I also enjoyed making the little lemon slice down at the bottom, and decided it needed a little pop. Because I used scraps, I had to break up the word lemonade on the inside, but I don't think I mind it. I don't like where I placed it, though. Usually I try to center sentiments on the inside, but felt I need to leave plenty of room for writing when this card gets used...
We'll be doing a store update pretty soon with our first guest artist! And, just to let you know, we have a sister store on Etsy, mainly for advertising purposes. But if it's your preferred method of purchasing, by all means, use that store to get all your Stamp n' Stitch needs! We'd also appreciate any hearts you can give, too. [/blatant begging] :wink:
8 comments:
How I love the idea of using vellum like that. Makes me thirsty. Great card and thanks for playing :)
Love your card, it has such a folksy feel to it. Angela
What a petty card and so innovative! I also love your blog! I was reading through it and it is so homey and family oriented.
Thanks for stopping by my post.
Blessings,
Joan
Thanks everyone! I really enjoyed having my brain stretched a little to play along with this dare.
Lovely card - great idea to use the bottle stamp and make a bottle of lemonade - makes me feel thirsty just looking at it!
Love lemonade definately a summer foodie!
Great card & idea...
Lorraine xxx
Love your card! Your are very talented.
Post a Comment