7.17.2007

memento

I hosted another All Night Stamping this past Friday, and we had some good ideas, good snacks and good conversation. Though 'all-night' is becoming quite relative...

Sandra worked on designing baby announcements. Abigail did her usual flurry of everything (she's our speed stamper). Lizz created more scrapbook pages of Ava. And I worked on odds and ends, trying to use some things I already have.

I saw a self-imposed challenge over at Just Bex to make 200 cards with materials she already owns, and I thought that was an excellent idea. I'm not promising 200, but I do plan to do as much as possible with paper I already own. I do have to take one teeny trip to a store, though, to complete a couple of projects I started that require a couple of things I don't have (like blue opaque ribbon--all mine are gauzy).

I also need to decide on an online photo printing company so I can do more scrapbooking, but there are so many out there! It'll be much faster to just order them and pick them up, rather than stand at the kiosk in Sentry and print them out... Anyone know about the one that's associated with Photobucket? And apparently Flickr is part of Yahoo!, at which I have an account, too. I've had Snapfish recommended often as well.

We're hoping to have another in August, so if you want to come, let me know! :grin:

Book recommendation: Beautiful City of the Dead by Leander Watts
Recipe recommendation: Roasted Banana Ice Cream
Movie recommendation: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

1 comment:

gianna said...

very cool! I think that's a great idea! I'll try to do it with you! I like Winkflash, mostly. But I have heard good things about Snapfish