Occasionally, I share certain posts with people who I think will appreciate them.
My sister was excited to try the new line of Starbuck's hot chocolates this past winter, especially the salty caramel flavor, so of course, I figured she would like the concept of a cake in that style.
I was right.
And this cake is AMAZING.
But seriously, if you attempt to make this at home, have a friend, sibling, spouse or significant other around to help you. Otherwise, you may just wind up cursing whoever first thought up the idea of this cake.
We pretty much followed the recipe as printed, so I won't reproduce it here--just click on the recommended recipe below, but I will include a few tips.
The last tip is that we didn't organize well and ended up not finding fleur de sel in time... so we just used sea salt (NOT kosher--that might be too thick--so you could grind it a little, I suppose--but it won't taste like anything except salt, which I guess sea salt is a little more flavorful... okay, I'll stop now). It tasted just fine.
Make sure you have a LOT of people to eat this cake with you.
Book recommendation: The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Recipe recommendation: Sweet and Salty Cake
YouTube recommendation: Cinnamon Toast Crunch commercial
5 comments:
that cake is gigantic and LOL! You crack me up!
And you seriously only need a thin slice.
Yay! I've been waiting for you to post this :)
I already want to make it again!
Now that we're experienced, we would do a much better job with the cake, methinks. The frosting is still the best part!
it looks so good! That's how big i want maya's cake to be! i better get me some round cake pans, huh? carissa how are you going to bake with ruhama if you are in NO? oh, don't dwell on that! we'll figure it out!
Post a Comment