7.03.2009

redolent

Chip and I went strawberry picking! The farm we went to was loaded, so it only took us an hour to pick a few pounds.

There are several things I'd like to do, but they only lasts for so long fresh, so we had to pick one or two things to use them 'as is' and then freeze or cook the rest. One way to use a couple of cups was strawberry jam. In the microwave.

This was really easy and as a bonus, cleaned out the microwave for us--yea for steam action! I wish I could have shown you it bubbling up as it cooked, but I was too slow and it was done by the time I grabbed the camera.

It tastes pretty good, though I'm used to freezer jam, so it's different. The best part is the large chunks of strawberry!

6 comments:

Carissa said...

Those strawberries look amazing!

gianna said...

yum!

librariane said...

I really wanted to take the camera with us to the patch, but that would have been too much trouble. *sigh* When did I get this lazy?

Cheri said...

Yum! What a great idea! Looks delish!

Anonymous said...

what are all the ingredients how much of it

librariane said...

There's a link part way through the post. I used the recipe in the Fannie Farmer cook book, but the King Arthur one is similar!