10.09.2014

rehabilitate

I had hoped to get this post ready for World Cardmaking Day, but alas, I missed it. Finding time to craft when there are tomatoes to deal with is tricky...

Anyway, I saw a really fun idea on another blog about updating an old card and thought 'I've got lots of those' that would be fun to reimagine with all the new styles, techniques and equipment I have.

A lot of my old cards I couldn't figure out how I'd remake (my poor brain is a bit overloaded with Christmas cards at the moment), but I did find one that, though I still rather like it, could use a serious update.



I decided I'd keep the same basic color scheme, as well as the same stamp for the focal point. From there I sketched out a couple of ideas and got to work.



The original card is quite basic, so I stuck with that idea. I went for a blue background, made with Distress Ink Daubers (which react well with water), and then stamped the flowers directly onto that piece of watercolor paper. I needed to get the silver/gray idea in next, plus have some sort of accent piece, so I added some dashes with an embossing pen and silver powder.

Having the dashes go all the way around the edge felt like it would be too much, but now I'm wondering if I want to go back and finish it up that way. Otherwise, I like the new version very much and may make a couple more with different color schemes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice!