1.23.2015

frosty feeling

Goodness, but it's been a long time since I've done a card challenge!

The Frosty Challenge over at Tiddly Inks piqued my interest immediately, though, and I knew at once what I wanted to do.

I printed out the truck, pulled out my colored pencils, Gamsol and white paint and set to work. It's really nice when a plan comes together.



I decided to pull in a bit of green, despite the Christmas-y feel it gives with the red truck (and snow), and I think it turned out nicely. I debated between embossing the green cardstock or just making it snowy, settling on the snow effect (obviously) to keep things simple and focused on the truck.



I'm debating going in and adding a little more white paint to a few spots on the snow, as close-up you can see through it...

3 comments:

Annette said...

Fab card, I find male cards really tough, but this is a great choice.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
The Sugar Bowl Challenge,
Tiddly Inks
Without Words Challenge and
As You Like It Challenge.


librariane said...

Funny story: I finished this up, showed my hubby and he said 'can you make another one for Jim?' (our brother-in-law). I said sure and cut off the 'my dad' portion. I think I'll need to make a few more of these to keep in the file box!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I love how you added the snow to the truck. What a great idea. Thanks so much for joining our Frosty Challenge at Tiddly Inks x