1.24.2016

abaft

My word, this took me forever to finish!

But I got the last one done (just in time to think about the next one...) and posted to Etsy, so I can do my roundup blog for the pieces I received from the latest card swap.

From Donna:


I knew this had to be the focal point, as it's too lovely to be blended into a background or share the spotlight. I decided lacey would be perfect and pulled my doily and pink Distress Inks.


From Donna Z:


I really wanted to leave it white, but decided I didn't want to try to photograph the resulting card, plus it felt like cheating to just use what she sent without sprucing them up a bit... I decided to go a feminine route, what with the gems, and wanted to not do blue, as is often done with snow swirls. Hence:


From Kathy:


I don't know why this took so long--the background is what stymied me for the longest time. I knew I wanted to use the 100 Proof Press stamp and make the flower into a sun, but then I got stuck. Fortunately, a burst of watercoloring happened, so I could try a few different color swatches in behind everything and see what worked best.


As always, this is a great stimulant and I look forward to the next one!

1 comment:

ArtFromTheCabin said...

I love the way you finished up my watercolor heart! The card is beautiful!! ~DonnaS.