3.13.2007

exposition

Chip and I have been busy going to shows lately!

The first weekend in March was the Car Show up in Milwaukee, and we had a chance to go look at all the different small SUVs we've been considering. It was soooo nice to have them all in one place and not have too many sales clerks pressuring you to ask them questions. We were able to sit in all of them and see how they felt, and look at some of the features. We'll be replacing my Saturn, so ultimately, Chip has said it's up to me. So here we are:



Then, this past weekend, we headed up to Madison to
Canoecopia to check out kayaks, some of the speakers (about kayaks) and see if we could get any deals. Unfortunately, our plans were a little stymied by the sheer size of this event, and all the sessions we wanted to go to were full, so we headed over to the exhibit hall. We looked at several brands, telling the salespeople that we wanted something mainly for rivers and lakes. I think we've decided: I'm going for the Wilderness Tsunami 140 and Chip's looking to get the LiquidLogic Pisgah. The trick will be to make sure we'll have time to use them! I'm very excited to go exploring rivers around the area.

We've received about 12 business cards from our car salesman...



Book recommendation: Little Red: a Fizzingly Good Yarn by Lynn Roberts
Recipe recommendation: Chicken Pot Pie with Parmesan Biscuit topping
Music recommendation: Hoven Droven (album title: Jumping at the Cedar)

3 comments:

The hopeless gardener said...

so what suv r u goin to get?

librariane said...

We bought, this past Friday night, a 2007 Subaru Forrester (blue, of course). We're trading in the Saturn, so this will be my car!

This was the first time we've purchased something like this together, and it was actually a good experience. We learned how to compromise and did thorough research so we weren't caught off guard at the dealership.

gianna said...

Congratulations! I think that is the one that I liked when I was with you! Have fun with it!