Rain, rain on my face
Hasn't stopped raining for days
My world is a flood
Slowly I become one with the mud
Hasn't stopped raining for days
My world is a flood
Slowly I become one with the mud
We have been fortunate not to have sustained much water damage or had any leakage issues, but I know the major home improvement stores had people stationed in the sump pump aisles just to get down stored product, as many folks did have sump pump failures and flooded basements, so even reserves were being purchased...
The Illinois Fox River that flows through Burlington overflowed and pretty much drowned one entire park:
Book recommendation: The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King
Recipe recommendation: Sichuan Green BeansWine recommendation: PKNT Sauvignon Blanc
Recipe recommendation: Sichuan Green BeansWine recommendation: PKNT Sauvignon Blanc
3 comments:
love the jars of clay quote. so appropriate! it's finally sunny here...hooray!!! we were so excited that our new windows held up to all this rain. no more leaking. whew! we feel very blessed that the work got done before all this rain otherwise who knows...a floating house?? glad to hear that you guys escaped the water too.
what a mess! one of the nurses I work with had rain pouring into her basement in the middle of the night and as she was trying clean it up, a glass vase or bottle or soemthing shattered and she cut her foot. Yuck!
I can't believe it rained *even more* after I posted this entry, too! Ack! Our rain barrel has been overflowing for the past few days, too, with nothing needing watering... so it stays full...
Post a Comment