We've had a couple of stamp/scrap nights lately, as Christmas is coming (did you know only 45 shopping days left?) and we all have projects to get done. And, of course, the usual array of 'regular' projects, which, for me, is finishing a baby scrapbook for Sandra. All she will have to do is add pictures and any journaling or captions that she wants to include.
It really is fun to play around with layouts and designs, and I've visited a few sites and perused a few books to make myself break out of my usual pattern. There also is some visualization needed because I generally scrap with pictures in hand. In this case, the baby isn't even here yet! Plus this will help me with my own scrapbooks: my next project is the Three Bears Weekend.
I have to recommend Just Bex again!
Recipe recommendation: Macadamia Cheesy Puffs
YouTube recommendation: beatbox flute
4 comments:
I freaked out when I saw your pictures on Sandra's page. I KNEW it was for Sandra, but I still was like, "Really?"
LOL. I was just using stuff I didn't care about cutting up to fit the space!
Ruhama, I adore scrapbooking paper. I buy sheets of it to use as background for my food photos; minimal glare, if any, and 1000's of designs to choose from; quite economical, too. Much cheaper than actual textiles. I used a chintz rose paper to make the favor bags for my wedding last year, and was very please w/ the results. I know it's considered crafting, but crafting IS an art, after all. : )
That's fantastic, Susan! I hadn't even thought of photo backgrounds as a use--and I have LOTS of paper... :blush:
Post a Comment