We camped out at a dining room table at a B&B in Algonquin, IL, which was extremely nice of the innkeeper. The other guests didn't mind having their Saturday morning breakfast in the breakfast nook, rather than in the dining room, which was extremely nice of the other guests!
Most of the weekend was dedicated to finishing some projects, though we took a quick trip to Archiver's Saturday after we got ourselves situated, as we discovered we needed a few more supplies. We also took time to eat (breakfast especially was yummy--both days!) and to relax a little. Lizz and Sandra win the 'staying-up-late' award: they went to bed at 1:30 a.m.
I took the opportunity to finally get some wedding pages done. Unfortunately, much of my work couldn't be finished (which was highly disappointing--I'll have to work on better planning for future weekends), as I didn't have all my pictures in hand--I need to order more prints in different sizes. But here's an example of a page that I was able to complete:
It's very simple, but Chip had requesting not too many frills. I've noticed you have to be a bit more exact when there are fewer embellishments!
We're in the talks for a weekend in January!
Book recommendation: The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery
Recipe recommendation: Potica
Parody recommendation: Mystery Science Theater 3000
4 comments:
i love your hair!
i love that book :) (blue castle)
That weekend looked like great fun!
Thanks! It would have been more fun if I had been better prepared... but I got to play with Lizz's Cricut, so that was neat. And I had time to read The Blue Castle, which is one of my top favorites.
Post a Comment