I want to show you what I did with a bulk of them (besides eating them out of hand and throwing some in the freezer for later pies), as it may work with other fruits and be just as tasty!
I got this recipe from The Well-Seasoned Cook and was quite glad any type of raspberry could be used (you'll see she used golden ones if you use the recommended recipe link below). What I really liked was it didn't make a ton, as Chip and I often struggle with leftovers...
I made a couple of adaptations besides the color of my berries--I didn't have rosemary on hand, so I used thyme in the topping. It really got lost, so either I didn't use enough or it just isn't a good swap for this recipe. I also didn't have fresh ginger on hand, nor did I have dry vermouth, so I used sweet and reduced the amount of sugar. That did work well, though I missed having the ginger aspect. Powdered didn't seem like it would give the same kind of zing. But, hey, this was still really fruity and delicious and I have the excuse to try making it again, right? :wink:
I need to coordinate some ice cream with this next time.
Book recommendation: The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
Recipe recommendation: Raspberry Crisp
Game recommendation: Around the World in 80 Days
2 comments:
you remind me of martha stewart! :) Only better because I like you and know you! :)
That really made me laugh. :D I must say, I don't plan to host any television shows, though. Maybe a vlog entry sometime; we'll see if we ever get a webcam or camcorder.
Post a Comment