1.20.2010

earmark

I don't usually do posts like this, but several things have caught my eye lately, and wanted to spread the love!

  • Still not sure how to help with the earthquake victims in Haiti? Check out the blog Craft Hope and buy something from the Etsy store they set up! (If I had found it earlier, I would have submitted something.)
  • I hope you'll join in the discussion about cookbooks and recipes over at my friend's blog Four Calicos. It's an interesting topic and I would love to see more tips, tricks and ideas!
  • Have you seen the Independent Lens project on PBS? Check out this grand prize winner from the shorts festival: C. Beck. It's about an artist who does really nifty work in MN. It makes me want to try more wood printing...
  • The library award winners were announced this past Monday! It's a long list, but there are some really good ones on it this year. In fact, here's a short video interview with the Newbery and Caldecott winners on the Today Show. And, as a side note, I actually bought the Newbery winner a few months ago--I might see if I can use it for a Novel Food event.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for posting about the artist in Minnesota. Very interesting and inspiring.

Thanks also for the Four Calicos post. I hope it generates more discussion. :)

librariane said...

I hope so, too--your posts deserve it!