1.05.2010

involvement


Library news!

  • I'll be teaching another online class in November; this one to focus on math and science in the library. The age range will be the same--preschool through school age--as will the format (about 4 weeks, taking Thanksgiving into consideration). I've only just started developing it, but it should be fun.
  • Speaking of science, I've been asked to do a science family storytime at a nearby library. I still have to do some planning for that, too, but have several things on hold to give me ideas of which way to proceed.
  • After years of waiting, I've finally been asked to be a part of the Children's Book Award Committee! This, of course, means a lot of reading (ooo--and a couple of trips to Madison--I need to contact library friends once we set dates!), but I'm excited.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Lots happening since last week! Cool. -Bjoyful

librariane said...

The committee appointment was set at WLA in October, but it wasn't official until a couple weeks ago, so I waited to start telling folks. :)

abcgirl said...

congratulations, that's so exciting!

librariane said...

This science storytime is going to be fun! So far the experiments I've considered are:
*marshmallow water molecules
*floating fruits & veggies
*testing boat shapes and weight
*plant circulation--that one with the carnation you put in two different colors of water
*identifying frog calls
*paper bag game (a sensory mystery)

I have no idea the age range I'll be dealing with, but should have enough to be flexible.

The hopeless gardener said...

just implode a pop can. always a class favorite at any age.