5.22.2010

verdure

Man, I love spring.





3 comments:

gianna said...

to borrow from Rachael Ray--YUM-O!

Susan said...

Hi, Ruhama! I'm with you. As much as I love the four-seasons changes I was born into, there's something about springing out of the sleepiness and sterility of winter that is so welcoming and charming.

You'd asked about the noodles. I just did some more sleuthing, and as far as I can tell, it is a dish that is served anytime for those soothing carbs, in the same manner that the typical American may enjoy a bowl of cereal.

It's like a cross between kugel and those sturdy and delightful pastries of Hungarian and Polish origin, bursting with poppy-seed paste within a blanket of choux - so much easier. Hope you and Chip are well.

librariane said...

Susan, a fellow at my church is from Florida and has lived here about 3 years. He is still amazed at the drastic change from winter to spring. I'm glad to have always known all four seasons!

And thanks for researching--I should continue to expand my pasta horizons, as it's one of my favorite foods. And when you think about it, corn and sugar is a strange juxtaposition, too, but that's what is in cereal!