2.05.2011

viand

So Chip is starting a habit of requesting cakes with really long titles*. But they're really tasty, and I get to use my fancy cake book, so I'll stop complaining!

This one is (simply put) a ginger-lime cake:

There are two kinds of lime featured: the curd is made with key lime juice and the frosting has 'regular' lime juice in it. My one regret: not thinking of those candy lime slices to decorate the cake with. But I didn't think of it until after we already sliced the cake.

They say this is like a little taste of summer. I'd have to say I agree!

*Last year's cake title: Sante Fe Blue Cornmeal Cake with Caramel Cream ; This year's cake title: Ginger Chiffon Cake with Key Lime Curd and Lime Buttercream

2 comments:

~natalie said...

oh this looks and sounds wonderful. you'll have to email me the recipe. =)

librariane said...

Will do, but realize it's intense! You'll have to make sure you block off an afternoon or have space (e.g. fridge or freezer) to do it in stages. :)