5.20.2011

sightseeing

Neither Chip nor I had been to the Black Hills of South Dakota, so that was our destination for the post-tax season getaway this year. We saw all kinds of wonders, from the nifty animals to the variety of landscapes (including a stop in the Badlands) to lovely artwork done by locals.

Here's a small taste of our trip, starting in Sioux Falls and ending at Mt. Rushmore:





Feel like they're going too fast or are too small? Click on the photo and a bigger one will open up in another window.

3 comments:

Carissa said...

Yay! Lots of animals! Hope you didn't get out of the car for that buffalo picture. Dangerous! :)

librariane said...

No, but there's a funny story that goes with that. We saw them trotting across the prairie toward the road and I told Chip to slow down so we could watch the mini migration. Another car pulled up behind us, but got bored a lot sooner than we did (as you can see, they had a pit stop), so they pulled around us and took off. Well, they didn't get very far before they realized there was a baby in the herd, so they suddenly were backing up and drove back right into the herd at the rest stop! I have no idea what happened after that, as we decided to move on ourselves... seemed like they might feel like charging at that point. :D

librariane said...

Oops, that's a lot of 'they's in that story. I hope you can follow it!