9.24.2012

numerals

I've been working on putting together an album of 5 (inspired by Ali Edwards). What I've decided to do is choose my five favorite photos from each year and scrapbook thoughts about them. This requires making numbers for each year, too, so I've got a brief tutorial for you!

Presenting: watercolor number plates!

Start with making your numbers and attaching them (using removable tape) to pieces of watercolor paper. Realize that this technique will = bleeding through, so if you want 'perfect' numbers, you'll need to use a different color medium (regular paint or stamp ink using sponges) or use tape to make your numbers.





Then break out your colors! Give each a brief moment to dry so you don't muddy the page:







Once you have all your colors in place, let the pieces dry completely, then remove your numbers. If there is some residual sticky, just rub it off with your fingers.



Grab a marker to emphasize the outlines of your numbers:



Remember that Collage Monday I showed you a while ago? Here it is again! I've placed my number on the page I plan to write on, and will have the placement of the numbers on each page the same.



Hopefully I'll have more to show you soon!

No comments: