5.17.2013

patriotic

So the next WIST theme is Red, White and Blue. I was stumped for a while, and then a challenge to use any Wryn image over at Tiddly Inks popped up in my FB feed...

Thinking there had to be something I could adapt to fit the Team WIST challenge, I started scrolling through the images. 


Suddenly, there she was.


Patriotic Wryn.


I bought her immediately and printed out a card-sized version of her and got to work. Because she's a little 'sketchy', I knew colored pencils would be perfect for this round. I'd like to try crayons, too, though I might have to do a lot of sharpening for that... or print her bigger.




Still plotting on the background, I added clear Stickles to the sparkler and let everything sit for a day.


The background needed to be simple, as I wanted the attention on Wryn, so I thought making some red, white and blue stripes would be the most effective. I toyed around with adding more (or subtracting: using the star puncher on the blue), but in the end, knew I had to stick to simple. I also decided to keep her flat, rather than popping out, thinking she would still stand out from the background. 





Man, she's cute!

9 comments:

Jen said...

Adorable!!!

Gretchen said...

Cute!

Carla from The River said...

Hello,
I was the winner of the WILD Wisconsin Street Team DYI...and I am happy to announce I get to choose the winner of Honor our Red, White and Blue.
I picked you.
I love Patriotic Wryn!
Keep up the great work.
Carla

librariane said...

Yay! Thanks so much Carla!

Unknown said...

Great Patriotic Wryn! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

Cathe said...

That is a very cute card! I saw it at Art in the Park in Burlington today, and I loved it! I am also excited to see the variations you are working on.

Larissa said...

Very lovely card! Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

So pretty and I love the look of the flag with the DP behind Wryn! Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Tiddly Inks for our "Use a Wryn" challenge :)

Jodi said...

Great job with this adorable image. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Tiddly Inks. Good luck!
Hugs,
Jodi