11.06.2014

parcel

We added another number to our group for the unfinished card swap, and with all the holiday stuff coming quickly, we decided this round needed to be a bit smaller than the last. We each took three names and sent items off*, giving everyone plenty of time to play and create.

The items I was to use all arrived safely and I thought it was funny that all three included a piece of ribbon. Folks, I generally don't do ribbons, so this was going to be my creativity challenge this round!




From Debi



The results: I painted the boots with white paint (a little black on the heel, which then got a once-over of white) and silver embossed the skate to make it shiny. I added a bit of kraft paper and printed a tag (from Ali Edwards), then stuck a pin in it to round it all out.




From Kathy






The results: I ended up not using the piece of burlap (sniff), as it kept drawing attention to itself with whatever layout I made. The woodgrain paper I diecut into a fence shape and darkened it to brown (the gray kept throwing me off, so I had to recolor it) and I added a little bit of glow to the tops of the posts to simulate moonlight. The moon got the edges enhanced with a little Wild Honey Distress Ink and a spritz of Lemon Zest Tattered Angels glitter spray. Inside is a printout using the font Hula Skirt Girl, then colored with Wild Honey Distress Ink.



From Mandi




The results: I have to admit, I was so focused on getting that ribbon included, that I kind of neglected to use a couple of the elements (like the strip of patterned paper), but I don't know how I would have worked that and the butterflies in the final design anyway. I embossed the chicken wire pattern on the yellow and added a little Wild Honey Distress Ink to make it pop. The focal point is an image from Tiddly Inks, and I wavered between having it yellow or purple. 

Again, this was quite fun and I was glad for a chance to stretch my brain. Looking forward to the next one!





*I'll have a post on what I sent everyone in the future.

2 comments:

thepurpletable said...

Well done! Love the black eyed Susan card. --Debi

librariane said...

Thanks, Debi! I'm excited how that one turned out, too, though my favorite is the ice skate card from the stuff you sent.