We had a pretty good kiwi harvest this year--it wasn't overwhelming, but we had enough to try a new recipe. I had found this wild rice salad last year, but ended up focusing on the quick bread route.
I knew this was the year when Chip and I took a trip to the new Trader Joe's in Brookfield.
The recipe is simple, but folks in the comments noted that it did need a little boosting, so I took that into consideration from the get-go.
My adaptations: I made a little more dressing than the recipe call for--just bumped up the oil and lemon juice a bit. I also added some (perhaps 1 t each? can't remember) powdered garlic and powdered ginger to the dressing, which did add a nice little kick. I also added the pecans on top at serving so they wouldn't get soggy.
No comments:
Post a Comment