4.04.2015

replete

Here's part two of that latest card swap--my side of things!

I received elements from three gals and for some reason, my mojo was tough to find this round. I did a lot of blog browsing for inspiration and a little bit of trying different layouts, and everything finally started clicking.

First up, elements from Kathy and the resulting card:





What I did: I heat embossed in white the French Script stamp (from Stampin' Up!) on the large piece, stamped the flower (also from a Stampin' Up! set) and used some of the little guys as the center. Those burlap leaves? Here's my fun fact: those are cut out from the burlap piece Kathy sent me last card swap!

Next is what I got from Debi and how I used the items:





What I did: The hardest thing here was to figure out the focus, so when I saw National Tooth Fairy Day on my fun calendar, I knew I could use that to get this card done! The image is from Tiddly Inks and it's colored with colored pencil. I tried really hard to get those gems on the card, but nothing seemed to fit.

And finally the pieces I received from Lila and how I arranged them on a card:





What I did: I have no idea why this one took so long. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, though I've added more of the small sponges to my shopping list--the big green sections I used a rectangle and got quite green fingers... The blue rectangle I embossed with a folder and pressed a little hard, which happily resulted in slight white lines, making it even more metallic looking.

Though this one seemed to stretch my brain and creativity more than the others, I still really enjoyed the experience and hope to participate in another!

No comments: