We received travel approval!
This was pretty quick: our agency said the typical wait time to this point is 2-4 weeks. Ours took roughly one... Other than the referral we got in August (and then reversed), nothing has been quick, so it surprised me. I guess when God says it's time to move, we do.
So, the consulate appointment is made first, and the whole trip is planned backwards from there to get our flight date. Our appointment is June 1, and if a family is doing the Beijing tour first, you fly out on a Wednesday. We opted to take in the cultural tour, so we'll most likely leave on May 20*.
That's really soon.
A lot of people have been asking about a baby shower, but I don't really want one before we go. We haven't received any updates about T, so there is a lot of unknown (is he mobile? how much does he weigh? how long will he even be on formula? etc.) and I really don't want to deal with having stuff we don't need. Plus, I'd rather have an all-encompassing party where both males and females can attend. And meet T. I don't know when this would happen yet--we are for sure taking a couple weeks to do nothing but bond as a family**. Then we'll see what his personality is like and how he's adjusting to the gajillion changes in his life.
I wanted to leave you with a few articles and blog posts to read, but as I was reviewing the ones I have saved, they were all a bit discouraging and preachy. Instead, I'll let you read up a bit more on the city T is associated with: Zunyi***. It sounds like we're in spicy-food country in that area, so I'll be sure to pack a few granola bars!
We're going to China!!!
*The actual travel arrangements aren't made yet, but I really needed to share that we're at the end of a very long journey!
**Usually known as cocooning.
***Check out the typical weather...
1 comment:
So happy! God is good!
Post a Comment