5.11.2015

attaché

We leave in a week and a half.

EEK!

The frantic packing and getting things ready for an absence has begun.


Oh, and I have once again found myself in the 'rare' category of things: I had a nasty reaction to the oral typhoid vaccine. I took one dose and got all the side effects that are classified as 'this doesn't ever happen'. So I've received the shot instead, which is the dead vaccine. Hopefully this turns out better... no throwing up, please!

[img coming soon]
My mom made T a fun color book, which will be a nice addition to the pile of things for the flight home entertainment.

My mom also got a baby carrier to take with us (at my request), and remarked that we'd better get practicing lugging around a kid. She's right: though we're both fit and exercise regularly, and I occasionally lift small children, I'm not used to the constant carrying. Thus:



Our itinerary is basically Beijing for a couple days, Guiyang (in Guizhou province) for a week and Guangzhou (in Guangdong province) for the remainder of the trip (and the most intense part, too). The time is going to FLY by, as it's a jam-packed schedule and we'll be home before we know it. We request prayers for jet lag (especially me) and T's adjustment--that God will continue to prepare his heart for a new life.

3 comments:

Abigail said...

Beautiful. God will make your arms strong for the T-ask!

Ed said...

Getting out in the sunshine ASAP for a couple of hours the first day or two helps your internal clock sync with the local time... don't have to be in direct sunshine, under a shady tree works well also. I have experienced it personally.

God bless you and don't hesitate to call David, Keith or Chuan-Fa if you need them.

librariane said...

Thanks, Ed! I truly appreciate your help!