A friend generously shared some rhubarb with us (so amazing! ours is still tiny!) and I knew I needed to do something special with it. This means: not the usual batch of recipes.
As I was scrolling through my Pinterest sweets board, the blueberry crumb cake jumped out at me. I decided that one could get adapted to have rhubarb and pulled together my ingredients.
I followed everything just as is, except substituted 1 lb of rhubarb for the blueberries.
This cake is delicious. It's everything she says and may become the new favorite around here.
I do have one thing I need to monkey around with: the lemon zest. The rhubarb is already tangy and adds that zest-like quality to the cake, so the lemon got a little lost (and really didn't do it for me). I'm not sure what I'll add instead, but the thought of orange zest intrigues me.
Darn, I'll have to make it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment