9.15.2015

blotchy

Earlier this summer, I booked an afternoon to work on an art project with some of my favorite people. This accomplished many things: an activity for the girls, the chance to do a messy project with T and not have to stress about being the only adult, for T to get messy and make some art, and to get some crafting done on my end.

I had tried the colored shaving cream idea with the girls and eggs, which worked okay, so I knew this project was very doable.


I brought over shaving cream, tempera paint and thick watercolor paper.



Technically, you're to swirl the cream and paint in your pan, then lay the paper on top to get the true marble effect, but I wanted to see how it would work splotching it on the paper. Result? Not marbled, but still pretty cool.





I did have an ulterior motive for the project, besides what I listed above: I wanted to have T be part of his own thank you cards for gifts.



I used my Sizzix and punched out stars, then stamped 'thanks' and used some white Stickles to add some sparkle and that was it! Super simple, as I had lots to make...

No comments: