For most of the year, she insisted she wanted a Minecraft cake (especially after seeing the one I did for S), but I said we'd discuss her cake after school started. I knew her opinion would shift, so I didn't count too heavily on her sticking to the original idea.
And I was right! She decided she wanted a Lego cake* instead, so I started browsing Pinterest and discovered a few ideas that were simple. I cut the cake into rectangles and then started to think about the pegs on top.
One idea was to use marshmallows as pegs, which I liked the idea of edible pegs, but that sounded a bit fussy. Fortunately, I found another idea that uses empty tea light holders filled with frosting. It worked like a charm!
Once everything was stacked, I started frosting, using the technique I employed for P's Hello Kitty cake. This took longer than I booked time for, as I needed each layer to dry a bit before smoothing, so I got to the party right before it started. Oops.
![]() |
| Pre-smoothing. |
This was an easy party activity-wise, though, so it all worked out just fine. There was enough time for M to add (cleaned) Legos as extra decoration, which she pointed out to her guests with relish.
![]() |
| Notice the pierced ears? This year's present from her parents! |
*She wanted chocolate cake and large bricks. And specific colors, at which I did my best.







No comments:
Post a Comment