3.28.2016

liǎng nián

He's officially two!

He's no longer referred to by months, charging into the stage of desired independence and physically turning into a small person.


We celebrated with family on Saturday, capping the party with cupcakes.


I pinned the idea a while ago (have you seen my party board? I need to have more parties...), and when trying to decide what to make for T's birthday, I knew this would be quick, he would recognize the character and it would be easy for a party.




I baked small cookies last week* to get that part done. Danielle took T for a morning so I could bake the cupcakes, and then my parents came over early on Saturday so I could decorate. First I cut out each mouth--thankfully it's been chilly, so I could keep the cupcakes in the garage and they were cold, making this part easy. I then whipped out the grass tip (#233 Wilton), blue buttercream and candy eyes.










The other beauty of cupcakes is I had plenty to share (easily!), so many others got to try them out, too.


He suddenly got very shy when we started singing to him.



*And they still weren't small enough... goodness they need to be tiny!

1 comment:

abcgirl said...

Happy birthday, T! Love the cupcakes. Super cute!