10.23.2016

larruping

Birthday time again*!

We went for a similar theme again this year and kept things autumnal for activities and decorations. The cake, however, was all about the inside this year.

M came up to me in church about a month before her birthday and said she wanted a cookie dough cake. I said ok, I'll do some research**.

After I found a few ideas, I got together with her again to discuss details. She requested chocolate, chocolate, chocolate (surprise!). Then, after thinking a bit, she decided she actually would enjoy a little color, so we talked how to spruce up the design.

Per usual, I split things up a bit and baked the cakes first, as well as made the cookie dough filling a couple days beforehand. Then I had Sandra take T for a morning to so I could make all the frostings. Then I assembled and frosted the day before the party.





I was quite glad to have lots of time to get everything sorted out--I feel like I rushed her cake last year. This one turned out just like she requested:





Then it was the nerve-wracking drive to her house for the party!







Then because not everyone likes cookie dough (ahem, that would be me), I actually made a second cake. Turns out three of the party goers were glad of a second option. Also, it was really fun to do what I wanted with the design!





*Funny how that happens every year, right?
**Man, I love Pinterest. Yeah, it has flaws, but it is my kind of bookmarking system!

No comments: