3.27.2017

ninjutsu

Get ready for a cake barrage! Several birthdays in a row means several cakes to show you!

It was spring break for MN family, so they came down for part of the week and that happened to coincide with O's birthday. His request was a Kai cake (from Ninjago), so I did a little searching for ideas on Pinterest.

He also asked for chocolate.



I found one that I really liked and then set about planning how I would actually do it. I had hoped to find yellow sugar sheets, but the stores I had time to visit only had packs of colors, which I did not want to have sitting around. So I got white and color mist to be able to make the face!



Then a pile of red food coloring (which dried to the perfect red) and I started layering.




Adding folds of 'material' to the mask.
I decided to make the edges his 'hair' and this simplified the process (I could make it wavy instead of smooth). A quick circle of dots completed the whole thing. O got to watch me make his cake, as I assembled it on his actual birthday. By the end, he approved.




I sent most of the leftover home with them, as I had another cake to make in two days for T's birthday!



No comments: