3.29.2017

venery

Next cake!

T's favorite movie of the past year was Cars, so I browsed Pinterest for ideas, as I knew that's what I wanted to do for his theme. I didn't want to make a car cake (I have the Wilton pan, thanks to a friend cleaning out her cupboards), as that one makes a lot of cake, so I tried to see what else was out there.

Then, while just scrolling through my feed, a John Deere cake popped up and a light bulb went off. The Frank scene turned into one of T's favorites, so I decided to adapt a farm scene, especially once I found a small sized toy that would fit on a 9" cake!

Because O requested chocolate, and P requested chocolate, I didn't let T have a choice* and went with yellow.

Then time to lay everything out and start piping wheat!



This cake was a complete surprise, so I was glad my SiL could take T for a while--I wanted a big reveal at dinner. And it worked! He said 'that's Frank!' in a Mater voice (sort of) and immediately wanted to take the toys off and play with them. We made him wait for us to do candles, though**.





Then we dove in. T only ate the jelly bean rocks, but for the rest of the week, he enjoyed a slice at breakfast every day!




This is pretty true to the colors.


*It would be chocolate.
**The singing freaked him out. As in, he left the room...

No comments: