6.01.2012

photosensitive

Yep, I've been sucked in.


I love Instagram.


I knew I would before I even had my iPhone, thus wasn't surprised at all when I started thinking about certain things I'd like to shoot using the various filters available within the app. And some I want to print and use on cards!


These two are from a childhood park. I have fond memories of the equipment here, so I thought using an 'old' filter would capture that nostalgia.






I have to agree, though, with an article that I read recently which talks about how filters are a little overdone these days. A blog* I recently started following (thanks, Pinterest!) showed me how there can be too much of this good thing with one of her posts. The theme was colorful, but every single photo included in that post was shot with Instagram. The nature of Instagram is to mute colors, so this made no sense to me. It should have been eye-popping, bright, catching colors. Instead, everything was made to look vintage. And this blog isn't afraid of colors, so I don't know what her thought process was when assembling that post.


So. I promise not to shoot everything I do using filters, despite how tempting it may be.


But here's one more that I couldn't resist:






*that shall remain nameless, since I do love their stuff

1 comment:

Ginny Marie said...

I love that old merry-go-round! So cool! I agree with you, though, that some people overuse Instagram.

Your sister-in-law Gianna is guest blogging for me today, so I thought I would stop by and say HI! (She wrote about the May Day party!)

Lemon Drop Pie