Though autumn is my favorite season, spring really amazes me. The leaves and flowers on trees and bushes popped this week, and the greenery outside is fantastic. The levels of green in spring is one reason why I choose green as my favorite color a while ago. Though I think lately I've said my favorite color is blue... Hm.
Anyway, gardening is starting to be more than just a dream! We've been enjoying asparagus from the garden, and I'll be able to pick some chocolate mint soon (amazing how fast those grow), which I hope to use for tea. Or ice cream, I'm not sure which yet. Chip planted carrots and beets yesterday, we'll plant peas when we get back from our mini vacay in the Dells and these daffodils are new this year:
The crabapple is blooming ferociously and all three fruit trees are blooming! We're really hoping the peach tree makes something other than leaves for the Japanese beetles to eat. We haven't had much luck with that tree...

Chip would like to try potatoes this year. I said he gets to pick the potato bugs then.
Book recommendation: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Recipe recommendation: Homemade Crackers
Wine recommendation: Blue Jean
3 comments:
I wish I could garden. I guess I found the only downside to apartment living. Darn second floor apt.
:) Lovely pics
yeah girl. wanted to say love the hair (from the previous post) and the new store (from forever ago)! my vote for the chocolate mint is ice cream. course being pregnant that sounds way better to me then tea. =) love ya!
Justine! What about container gardening?
Thanks, Nat, I think I have to agree with the ice cream idea as well, but it'll have to wait until I have enough people to eat it. Chip and I are more cookie/cake people...
Post a Comment