6.09.2008

quotation

Well, I've been waiting for Divine Providence to shine upon me for participating in a Daring Cardmaker's challenge for quite some time now, and it's finally happened! I just made this card last week, and the dare set before anyone who wishes to participate is to use a quote on your card.
The quote is from Ralph Waldo Emerson: "All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen." I thought it was particularly fitting to use a nature photo with this, as quite often I find myself seeing more of God outdoors in His creation and stopping in wonder at the beauty of it (despite all the yuckiness out there, too).

Perhaps this will be motivation to take up some of the other challenges (on time, mind you--a few I've filed in my head to make later...and I feel it's cheating to use an old design). It's fun to have your creativity stretched a bit, and I've always enjoyed lurking on this blog.

The stamp is from Stampin' Up!

Book recommendation: The Pig Scrolls by Paul Shipton
Recipe recommendation: Rick and Ann's Black 'n' Blue Pie
YouTube recommendation: Bill Cosby drumming (and yes, my hero is in this clip, too!)

7 comments:

artfulstampin said...

What a beautiful quote, reminds me of that passage in Romans! Thank you for saying hi on my blog... will go and look at your other creations now!

Kath Stewart said...

Wow fabulous take on the challenge and what a beautiful quote

Jozza said...

Great card - it's lovely to see a photo used on one :o)

Penny said...

I love the quote paired with the beautiful photo. Really lovely card!

librariane said...

Thanks everyone! I took the picture last summer and have been waiting to find a perfect use for it.

Jane said...

well done for joining in ! what a lovely card !

Kathy said...

Lovely card and a beautiful quote. It's too easy to forget how beautiful the workd really is when we look out at all the bad stuff - you're right about that!