6.14.2008

wheely

Patti bought a house!

In celebration, her sisters decided to put together a gift bag of various items for her and contacted all her friends to contribute. I sent a Pier 1 card (we both love browsing that store) and some announcement cards for her to send out:




I'm quite excited for her, and can't wait to go visit and see it in person! It may have to wait a little, though, as just about every angle of Chicago is under construction for the summer...

I don't normally post about the same thing twice in a row, but as it happens, the DCM challenge this week is wheels! How could I resist?


Stamps are from Stampin' Up! and Hero Arts.

Book recommendation: Rash by Pete Hautman
Recipe recommendation:Lemon Flan
Restaurant recommendation: Cafe Carpe

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Really lovely card. I love how you have used the map background paper.

Debbie x

Kathy said...

Lovely card - and a fab idea for a "change of address" card.

Kath Stewart said...

Fab card for the challenge and what a cutie car

Jackie said...

Great card

~natalie said...

so cute girl! i may have to steal the idea when we get into our new house. =) if you don't mind of course... of course that's if i have the time between house and baby. we'll see. =) miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Great idea!

librariane said...

Thanks everyone! Necessity is truly the mother of invention--I didn't have any 'new address' stamps, and needed to get this done and sent to Indiana.

Nat--go for it! I would say stamp a bunch of the trucks on white cardstock and let the kids color them. That's the most time consuming piece of this card. :)

Cardmaking Galore said...

Nice card!