This year, we went a little bigger, and rented a Villa:
The week went waaaaay too quickly, though part of that may have been Chip and I joined the Faith Chapel canoe trip Saturday and Sunday morning on the Wisconsin River (our first overnight on a river with our kayaks), so we were exhausted on Sunday afternoon/evening (when my family all met at the campground/resort).
Some things were different (like cabin size (obviously) and free access to the indoor water park), but many things were the same. We again had more food than we could handle, though we did build in a meal made of leftovers, which helped use up several items. The pickle loaf (which is a horrible name for such a delicious sandwich) was devoured immediately, however, so there wasn't leftover of that.We also still really enjoyed the outdoor water park called the Ranger Station, which has a nice lazy river (though no one did the basket dump this year).
The weather generally cooperated, with only one major thunderstorm rolling through Sunday night/Monday morning, disturbing much sleep. And we enjoyed completing a photo scavenger hunt throughout the three days we were there (Dad found the most flamingos). Oh--and the Marshes and the Bahrs met D for the first time, too!
Recipe recommendation: Pickle Loaf
New product recommendation: Banana Split Oreos
2 comments:
You know I realized just as we were leaving, I didn't get a picture with you and Dane. I got one of Carissa and Dane because they were both watching Chris and/or Bryan playing Wii Boom Blox, but not one of you! AAAAUGH! I'm sorely disappointed!
I think I had realized that, too, when I downloaded all my pics... I was too busy with Maya! :D
Post a Comment