8.27.2008

side order

There's a mini-dare over at DCM that I found intriguing! Besides a card, we're to make a little extra to go with it, be it a bag, notebook, bookmark or whatever.

I've taken the opportunity to finally make the paper globes that I first saw on the HELLO my name is Heather blog (though the link to the PDF doesn't seem to be working right now... at least for me...). This was a rather forgiving project and came together pretty quickly! I only have one circle punch right now, so that determined the size of the globe right off the bat.

I enjoyed coordinating the two and could see this as a fun gift for someone. You could even make several globes and have them sitting in a decorative bowl somewhere.

I've left the card blank for now, as it could be used for just about anything that 'requires' flowers. The card still needs a little something, though I'm not sure what. Perhaps the sentiment would help. And I think I'll try edging each circle for the globe with ink before assembling to give it a little extra oomph.

8 comments:

Allison said...

that's lovely and original
AllisonX

Cuchy said...

Fabulous blossom! Really different. Love it. M.Carmen

Rachel said...

I love the colours of this one - and something I didn't think of - lol - well done and thanks for joining in

Rachel

RubyMay said...

Super idea and it turned out great x

Becky Garrison said...

Lol, just got your comment on my blog about the two sided paper! I LOVE two sided paper for cardmaking because it is always perfectly coordinated and you can usually find a way to use both on a card (see the card on Daring Cardmakers). Of course for scrapbooking I would agree - why get two sided when you can only see one side, hmmm, unless you turned up one corner and buttoned it for effect. See, there I go again! Thanks for checking out my blog! Becky

Fie Werley said...

That paper globe is so cute! I liked the card too. I was thinking about you the other day at work. One of the women was talking about HP and it just sent me down memory lane to the HP birthday parties. I think there's still a picture of me as Prof. Trelawny :)

librariane said...

Thanks everyone! I was quite glad the globe was so easy--it looks slightly daunting, but really wasn't as scary as it first appeared. :)

And I'm glad you understand, Becky. I'll try to keep those 2-sided ones in mind when card making!

Justine! That Hogwarts day of classes was the best HP party ever. I wish we could do it all over again. That and the RenFaire we did--wish you had been around for that one.

Dana Rose said...

That is so crafty! I love it! (maybe you could give it away as an un-birthday gift). haha

Happy stamping,

Dana