11.26.2008

progress

Okay, before I get into this post, I'd better give you the links to the initial phases, just in case you want to see the progression:

Phase 1
Phase 2

Chip's been a busy beaver downstairs lately, especially since we decided on a light for the center and the laminate came in for the countertops. My dad came over and spent a day helping with wiring, so now 'my' half of the basement is on it's own switch. And the storage room behind my room has it's own light--first time in a couple of years!


See our lovely chairs? They are quite tall, so Chip has to do some more thinking about how the center table will look. He originally wanted to do something with storage built in (with holes for your legs), but that might look too bulky. We saw a few examples in various furniture catalogs like Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware.

And don't worry--the overflow room will have normal height tables with normal height chairs.


This is along the back wall and will have more cabinets above. All the way to the right of this photo is where I'll have my stamp drawers--we got a major deal on some old typeset drawers, but I'll have to do a little reconfiguring, as many stamps are bigger than type... The sliding doors towards the left of the picture may be changed, too, as Chip keeps mentioning the need for accent colors. So I suggested he paint them a red/burgundy instead. We'll see what happens.

And I couldn't do a post about my future craft room without something crafty, so here's the sample craft I made for the library presentation I'm doing next week:



This is a rather brown post...



Book recommendation: The Dragon Heir by Cinda Williams Chima
Recipe recommendation: Poires Pochées á Citronelle
Movie recommendation: The Nativity

2 comments:

gianna said...

Chris put a counter top in my work room, too (as you know) and I LOVE being able to stand at it. I wonder if you will sit more or stand? Oh, the possibilities!

librariane said...

I know--I visualize myself standing more, but who knows? Probably depends on the project. :)