9.11.2009

seaside

I almost wasn't going to participate in the DCM dare this week, but the weather has been warmer this week (humid!) and I saw a cute card layout on the Hero Arts blog and was inspired.

This week's dare is to do something seaside related. I went pretty basic and used seashells as my subject matter.

And I already want to change this--I think I'd like to add some pearls to the 'sea' square and ease up on the chalk on the shells. Sorry for the lighting on these, too. I was in a hurry...


9 comments:

Lythan said...

I think this is a simple but oh so elegant card. I love the torn edges on the squares. Thanks for being Daring!

Lynda said...

This is superb - the colours, the shells and the 'weathered' edges all say seaside to me. A great card.

Lynda xxx

Kathy said...

This is lovely it has a real sea weathered feel to ir. The rafia really gives it a lift too

librariane said...

Thanks! I also felt raffia was perfect and was excited that my blue paper was white on the inside. Makes it like sea foam!

Anonymous said...

wonderful card....love the colour

SueH said...

I can’t think why you would want to change anything about your card Ruhama; it looks perfect as it is.
The images are fab and I love the colours.

Sue
x

librariane said...

Thanks, Sue--it's actually growing on me the longer it sits on my desk. And the chalk looks less so in person, so perhaps it's a lighting thing, too. :)

beffuh said...

Ruhama,

i really like this one. Would've fit in perfectly w/Rox's wedding this past weekend! Love the mix of colors and materials! Almost out of the cards I bought from you before...need to get back on etsy and start looking for more!

beth

librariane said...

Now that I've seen some pics from Rox's wedding, I totally agree Beth! Perhaps I should make some beach-y destination wedding cards and not just the generic traditional ones...