7.13.2010

attempt

My sister has been doing an internship in NOLA this past year. This means she gets to try all kinds of unique foods (which for some reason is more exciting in Louisiana). Occasionally, she emails about a dish or treat she tried. Something that grabbed me immediately was the mention of a doberge cake, which was created in New Orleans!


I hadn't heard of it, so I did a quick search for some history and a recipe: check it out, it's rather amazing. It's rather similar to a cake I on saw on bakerella's blog, both of which requires a number of folks to consume it.


Several factors came into play when I decided to attempt this.
  1. Carissa was up for a visit before starting her new job.
  2. It was our turn for Bible study treats.
  3. I wanted cake.
  4. Especially chocolate cake.
The end result? Not so pretty... I need to do some major tweaking before I can fully recommend this recipe, as disaster after disaster occurred (some our fault, some not). It tastes great, but looks terrible!





I already know how I want to change the pudding.


Book recommendation: The Roar by Emma Clayton
Recipe recommendation: Crawfish Etoufee
Movie recommendation: Sweet Land

6 comments:

Carissa said...

Woot woot! Best cake we ever made ;)

Carissa said...

Oh- and why didn't you recommend 8 women as your movie recommendation!?!

librariane said...

Bwa-ha-ha! I'll do that with my next movie recommendation for sure!

gianna said...

What about Stardust?

librariane said...

Huh, looking at my files, I never recommended that movie! I'm not sure why, as I find I did recommend Prince Caspian, which was a terrible movie... well, not terrible, but I didn't like it that well. Weird.

~natalie said...

looks like chocolatey wonderfulness to me! =)