6.07.2011

coquinate

I hosted book club again for this month because it was my title choice (and I chose Double Identity). This post is going to contain major spoilers, so if you'd like to read this book (and I really think you should), you'll want to stop now and come back here later. There is a huge plot point revealed below that's rather vital to the suspense of the story...


Still one more chance to book it out of here!



Okay, here's the deal. The book is teen fiction and is by one of my favorite authors: Margaret Peterson Haddix. The main character knows something's fishy, but doesn't find out until halfway through the book that she's actually a clone.

Because of this, I decided all the treats for the evening should be CopyKat recipes!






Want the recipe? Click on the picture...

Book recommendation: Double Identity by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Recipe recommendation: go for the pretzel recipe!
Television recommendation: Andy Barker, P.I.

5 comments:

abcgirl said...

wait. is coquinate the title of the M.P.H. book? Or did I miss the title?

librariane said...

Nope! It means 'to behave like a cook', which I thought was perfect because the dishes were also 'pretending'.

Even though I really did behave like a cook.

The title is Double Identity. Didn't realize I didn't include it in the post... oops.

Abigail said...

As a blessed recipient of both the book contents and the CopyKat accompaniments, I say THANKS librariane! You never need to coquinate, even if the food does!

Abigail said...

Since you're a natural (cook),I mean!

librariane said...

Aw, thanks Ab! I really enjoy matching food and books. And promoting YA lit!