9.22.2011

bever

The blackberry bushes are just about done. When I came in with the scant pint today, I decided muffins were in order, so I adapted a blueberry recipe to fit the fruit I had on hand.




I used a full cup of berries, as these are bigger than blueberries. I also tossed them with a T of sugar and a spritz of lemon juice, letting them sit while I mixed up the batter. And I used whole milk plain yogurt. I also managed to fill up my muffin tin, which I just sprayed with oil, though I highly recommend papers. Many berries fell out when I first tried to get the muffins out of the tin...




Accompanied by a cup of coffee (or milk, or tea, or whatever your fancy), these are the perfect snack!



2 comments:

gianna said...

I really want to eat these!
Can we have them when we come to visit? Even if they are old and moldy and nasty?

And I wanted to respond to your comment left on my internet post--you may be able to figure it out before kids, but if not, it's okay. We are constantly tweaking and adjusting!

librariane said...

Um, we actually ate all of them in two days, so we'd have to make new ones. :D

The beauty of it is you can use frozen fruit and I have quarts and quarts and quarts of frozen blackberries!

I'll be sure to pick up some paper liners, though... or I've seen some cute crafty ones that just use parchment paper.