11.25.2011

revel

Raise your hand if you've heard of Tim Holtz.


Now raise your hand if you read his blog.


And now raise your hand if you wish you had all his stuff so you can make all his really nifty projects.


I don't remember how, but I recently discovered he's been doing this fabulous lineup of Christmas tags since 2007 (I jumped in the middle of last year's list). I was inspired to go play around with some of his ideas to make my own.


A couple of things are quite different: he uses larger sized tags and I just went with the box of Avery shipping tags (the roughly 4" ones). Tim also really enjoys layers and lots of embellishments--I tend to be a bit more simplistic. And finally, I don't have nearly as much product on hand as he does. A few of the items, though, I plan to pick up (read: I only have 5 Distress Inks and could use a few more). It was a lot of fun to just play, though: something I haven't done in a long time.


So, without further ado, here are some of the tags I've made or I'm in the process of making. I'll include a link to the inspirational one, if it applies.


These ones are completed:
Christmas Ornament



Snowman (sorry it's a little blurry--I've got a few like this...)




Pine tree (I think this one had a whole bunch of them providing inspiration) 




And these are still in the process:
Pine branches--this will get a cardinal, once I figure out how I want the bird to look




Poinsettia--this one still needs a little something. A flourish or two, perhaps? The word isn't attached yet--that may get dimensionals.




Jester--one that I don't know what it needs... the figure will be glued with dimensionals, though, so he'll stand out. And no, he's not getting colored. That will just make him a blob.




ETA: Tim's doing it again this year, too!

4 comments:

abcgirl said...

Make your jester stand on a large harlequin diamond-ed ball!

librariane said...

Oooo, that's a fabulous suggestion! I'll have to give it a whirl.

Simona Carini said...

I really like your tags! I was actually thinking about tags today for a project I am working on (currently all in my mind, which reminds me that I have to start taking notes before I forget what I had already figured out). Being a minimalist at heart, I like sparse decoration. Also, I like how both the merry and the rejoice words look.

librariane said...

Thanks Simona! I've got a few more completed (and photographed!) with a few more ideas on the way. It's a matter of getting into the craft room now.