Well, I'm here to come clean: we still don't have anything in Russia yet.
I'm discouraged right now, but some of that is my own fault: I thought we'd be farther along, but 'real life' keeps getting in the way. We just received our dossier to print out, notarize, apostille and send back to our agency. There are a couple of things I didn't realize, which is costly (either time or money), like we need a certified copy of our marriage certificate, and this, too, is discouraging.
Here's a positive though: we may not have to worry about winter in Russia.
A couple more things to enhance your education:
- This blog does a great job of summarizing what happens on the trips to Russia. Especially check out the order of events she lists for the first trip.
- To apostille something is to get the notarized item notarized again (basically). So all our documents get signed and notarized here in Burlington, then sent off to Madison to get notarized (apostilled) by the Secretary of State.
- The region we're sending documents to is Krasnoyarsk. This is about 4,000 miles from Moscow (where we have to go to first on our second trip... yikes).
3 comments:
Someday soon, you'll get to go drink "the vodka"! (oh, and maybe get a kid) :-)
Thanks, Patti. That does remind me I need to practice... ;)
praying for you every step of the way. waiting is hard but i know His timing is perfect. waited with another friend {so very hard} but God was go good. her son arrived at the orphanage the day she got there. had she noted waited she would have missed him. it's so hard. but He knows and He has you and your precious little person in the palm of His hand.
Post a Comment