3.21.2012

anticipate

Still in the 'waiting phase'. We had to resubmit a couple of documents, which meant more notarizing and apostilling. I have no idea if that has set us back or not. Part of me doesn't want to ask.


We got fingerprinting done at the Dept. of Homeland Security. It's all done biometrically (meaning, not ink--it's all scans) and goes rather quickly. Unless you're me: I failed the first time and had to go back. Amazingly, I found out my sister had the same problem when she had to get fingerprinting done for school stuff. And then, I found out my dad had trouble once or twice. That actually made me feel better. Unfortunately, I failed the second time, too, and had to get cleared at the local PD. Now we're waiting (yes, more waiting!) on the final results.


I saw a nifty idea that I may employ when needing to put a child in time out: a Starry Night Jar (or whatever, depending on the color).


I found this blog post well written. I really appreciated some of the points, like don't leave your childless friends behind or assume they don't like kids, just because they don't have any living with them. 


Here's another blog post I appreciated. I like the way she expresses how adoptive parents don't hate questions, just the style and timing. And, she's an introvert. :grin: There also is a ton of great stuff in the comments section on that post.


I've been doing a lot of adoption blog reading...


Book recommendation: My First Book of Russian Words by Katy Kudela
Recipe recommendation: Zakuski (actually, not just one recipe...)
YouTube recommendation: Joy of Books

No comments: