3.27.2012

jubilate

I took my usual tax-season mini vacation to visit my brother and SiL in MN last week. It was M's spring break, so that was perfect timing! It also was O's birthday on Friday, so that was celebrated Thursday night, as I left on Friday to come back home.


Gianna has been blogging about several really fun stores in her area, so we took some time to go visit those while Christopher had to work. We also played all kinds of games, visited the library for storytime, ate great food and got outside when we could, even in the rain!








Many of you haven't met O. For those that don't know my family, O is into trains. Really into trains. So of course we made him a train cake for the small party we had:





The 'smoke' is ice cream with blue sprinkles... and yes, that is his picture in the window of the train.  :grin:

3 comments:

Carissa said...

I really didn't get the smoke until you said what it was... but the cake is amazing!!

Love that pic of B :)

librariane said...

Hmmm... I seem to be capturing D wearing hats the past few times we've gotten together...

Gianna Rae said...

It was today MAY 12 that I thought, I bet she posted about O's birthday and her visit. How lame am I?