This week she's following Gina and I was particularly taken with Monday's post. So much so, I had to try out my own take on Gina's card. I love people that regularly think outside the box. For one thing, it doubles the uses for an item. For another, you can get some really cool looking results.
I've used the following set from Stampin' Up to make poinsettias, but hadn't even considered using it to make sunflowers. Genius! To truly experiment, I did three different methods:
Versa Ink with Brown Paper Center
Stampin' Up Ink on Watercolor Paper, Lightly Misted
Distress Ink on Watercolor Paper, Lightly Misted
The other thing I'd still like to try is a bit of masking and adding green leaves behind the petals. This takes a bit more work, though, and it's a beautiful day outside, so that idea will have to wait for a rainy day (literally)!
No comments:
Post a Comment