4.02.2012

abnegation

I hosted book club for the teen selection (as usual), which this year was The Hunger Games. And, as usual, I tried to style the snacks around the theme of the title.


The cupcakes I blame on Pinterest.


Everything else I pulled out of rereading.



'Flaming' Cakes (can you see the gold dust on top? might be tricky...)



Points if you can tell what that one is and why it's there!




This one in honor of Katniss enjoying hot cocoa when she first gets on the train to go to the Capitol.


As a side note, I found an interesting article about the possibilities of a real Hunger Games happening. Considering such things as Gladiator games did happen, and our love* for reality television, it is an intriguing thought.


Yes, I enjoyed the movie.


Book recommendation: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Recipe recommendation: Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
YouTube recommendation: Interview with Jennifer Lawrence


*I say this somewhat facetiously. 

1 comment:

gianna said...

I LOVE the cupcakes! They look great! And I can see the gold-dust. Or maybe I just know it's there!