There's been some progress in the basement!
We knew we wanted the wall just outside his workshop to be a contrasting color, so we took a gander at the colors present in my craft room (which is predominately red, bronze and brown) and noticed the stain used on much of the woodwork has a bit of a green hue. Then began the samples and chip strips to decide on which green. I don't recall the name, but we went bright and bold:
That shelf in the foreground is only partially done (thanks to tax season, the going is slow), but those windows on the right will be placed on top and it will serve as a bit of a room divider. A rug decision is coming soon.
Oh, and Chip built the door on his workshop. He said the hardware cost more than the door itself...
Here's the other fun thing we installed (and yes, I do worry a little that it will get used as a jungle gym...):
2 comments:
I LOVE the shelf!
LOVE the green - so modern and contrasts nicely with the brick and sliding door. LOVE the sliding door, LOVE the shelf, and LOVE the windows. I got about 12 barn windows from my grandpa's old barn that I thought about hanging to use as a divider, but will probably use them as wall art instead. I'm eager to see how your divider turns out.
Post a Comment