11.15.2012

crumb

Last year we started going through old issues of Cooking Light, with the purpose of recycling them. I saved the recipe for Chocolate Bundt Cake, knowing I could try it for National Bundt Day.



I noticed the recipe makes enough for a 6 cup bundt--perfect for mini bundts! What's not so perfect is this insufferable pan...  [roll eyes]



Yeah, it looks all nice and pretty here...


Greased, filled and ready to go!


Gah! The top stuck to the bottom of the pan! 
Can you see the off-kilteredness as I stuck the halves back together?

My notes: it will be very thick before you add the milk, but don't stop the mixer to scrape down the sides. I did and then added the milk and then promptly made a giant mess, as it splattered everywhere. Instead, drop the speed to low and slowly drizzle in the milk. After that you can scrape the sides of the bowl. My cakes only took 30 minutes to bake, so if you make smaller versions, keep that in mind. And I highly recommend a chocolate sauce with this cake. It just needs a little extra something.


Book recommendation: Close to Famous by Joan Bauer

Recipe recommendation: Chocolate Bundt Cake
Movie recommendation: Moonrise Kingdom

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that happens to. Those little bundts look so cute, though! And what's not to love about chocolate?

librariane said...

I have to admit, I swallowed some pride for this post. :)

I seriously sprayed the heck out of the pan and they still stuck! I don't know if the pan is worth it...